Wednesday, March 11, 2015

On the matters of the heart

We had a very powerful leaders' meeting w Sun last Tues, and I was completely blessed.

Sun shares very differently, but her sharing always has the ability to make me reflect and think.

She shared about the heart and said... (XT paraphrased)

"As leaders, we are sometimes so good at monitoring our external behaviour, and we neglect the monitoring of our heart.

But what is more impt is the monitoring of our heart instead of our behaviour...

because if we neglect it, eventually our hearts will catch up w our behaviour."

We need to be in sync... inside out, outside in.

And at the end she prayed something along this line...

God, give us the courage, security and introspection to see our heart's true inward condition...

I realise in order for us to become what God wants us to be, we first must be willing to face up to who we really are.

And it's really not easy isn't it?

We have so many mistakes, failures, bad attitudes, sin in our lives that we are just so afraid of owning up to who we really are...

but only when we do that, then we can truly be free, and be who God wants us to be...

God I pray I will always have the courage to face up to who I am, my true heart condition - good, bad and ugly... so that I can be who You want me to be...


No comments:

Post a Comment