Monday, January 26, 2015

Jaime turns 2

These two years passed me by like a whirlwind and we ended up in pretty much of a struggle... but I think I can say, I won't exchange this for anything else. :)

Birthdays are not just a big deal for the child, except for birthday cakes. So this year, I was honestly too lazy for a birthday party.

We brought Jaime out to the zoo with her good friend Zac (and the parents), and 阿嬤,公公and叔叔came over to celebrate her birthday. Life's good just like that. We had a simple celebration in school, and she got to sing the birthday song again at my aunt's place w Gor Gor and Jie Jie (the neighbours).

Jaime's really cute nowadays since she has started learning to speak. Her vocabulary is still quite limited, usually she only says one words but they are still extremely funny to listen to. And she has now picked up words from songs so she can sing the last word.

Like...

This little light of mine
I'm gonna let it shine

I have come to terms with the fact that God is not given me an easy, no-fuss baby and I have learnt to deal with it too. Somehow, Jaime has a lot of insecurities and fears and instead of making them going away, I just slowly learn to reassure her and help her out of it.

We have found a new equilibrium, and after Jaime has gone to school, life now seems less stressful for us as a family.

All is well.

Dear Baby,

You have transformed mummy's life, like literally literally. You are the cutest 2 year old I have ever met. Mummy loves your funny antics, how you tell me what you want, how you are paranoid over the strangest things - like hair, how you will pray for the bees every night, how you love people that are close to your heart like daddy and mummy, how you would mess up my hair every now and then, how you would pretend to be a baby, how you love singing and dancing... and the list goes on. Mummy is so in love with you. I pray you grow to be a fine young lady, who will love God, love people, and go on to live out the destiny that God has for you.

Wouldn't exchange you for anything else baby... love you sooooo much!!!

Here's a picture featuring your cheeky look!


No comments:

Post a Comment