Thursday, June 24, 2010

Heartbreaks

Yesterday i heard a word that stayed with me. 同理心。

If i can translate it, i probably use the word empathy.

Dictionary.com says, it is the identification with and understanding of another's situation, feelings, and motives.

Empathy is so important.

Something I experienced when I got attached, was how i would feel really sad, when something breaks my bf’s heart.

I would tear, when there are tears in his heart.

the same thing happened to him.

In the very same way, there are many close to my heart. And when their heart breaks, my heart breaks too.

That links me to empathy.

This is separate but yet related.

Are we able, to put ourselves in the shoes of others, and understand their situation, feelings and motives?

Or do we only see our point of view, and our view only.

do we put ourselves in others’ shoes.

our leaders, parents, friends, cg members.

to be continued…

No comments:

Post a Comment