Tuesday, March 29, 2011

the STRESS of getting married

i have to admit. i am stressed. with a capital S.

i never thought i will be this stressed, but of course i am still holding up and handling well.

no wonder they have this term called bride-zillas.

people asked me, what am i stressed with and why i am stressed.

i told them, actually to me, i really don’t need a perfect wedding.

a wedding is a one-day event, but marriage is for life.

yet in the midst of it all, there are still the struggles and challenges that you will go through.

how to communicate with people, how to work with people, how to get things done, how to plan things from scratch (like itinerary, places to visit and stay), how to reno a house (choose paint colors, furniture, cabinet colors, type of door, where u want your electrical points to be, what kinds of tiles u want for ur bathroom and kitchen and the list goes on)

now you know why I am stressed.

Stressed not because it affects my one-day wedding, but stressed because it affects my life after that.

my cousin said, the 2 most stressful things – wedding and house.

and i am in the midst of it both.

but i was very encouraged by Pst Phil’s word on Sun.

In everything and for everything, thank God.

I will. I figured that it is not going to be a smooth process (looking at how things are going), therefore I conclude, that no matter that comes my way, I am going to give thanks.

and that has already started to revolutionise my world.

I purposed that no matter what happens, i will not grumble or complain. I choose to give thanks.

Thank You Jesus for a great husband-to-be.

Thank You Jesus for great-in-laws and family.

Thank You Jesus for a house we can move into.

Thank You Jesus for provision every step of the way.

Thank You Jesus for the angels that are for us.

Thank You Jesus i found the right gowns and shoes.

Thank You Jesus for my beautiful photos.

Thank You Jesus for a great wedding venue and wedding date.

Thank You Jesus for great friends.

Thank You Jesus for nice bathroom tiles. (haha)

Thank You Jesus that my pastors can make it for the wedding.

Thank You Jesus for the many friends who are so willing to lend their helping hand.

I am blessed. and I thank YOU!!!!

Phil 4:6-7

Rom 8:28

No comments:

Post a Comment