Tuesday, August 08, 2006

manulife financial.

let me do this right. i m not supposed to be here now. cos i got 830 lecture tml. n i m supposed to be in bed. but i m so afraid i will lose my inspiration. so here it goes. (this is gonna be a long post. so bear with me if u can)

hi, can i speak to XXX please?

hi XXX! this is xiaoting calling from manulife financial. is it convenient to speak to u at the moment?

it has been like this for the past 2 months and it has become such a part of me. so much so that sometimes when i m home, i will want to press one more 9, and introduce myself as xiao ting from manulife. which is wad i did today to the new fren i called. well done. haaa.

today is my last day of work.i really nv dreamt that i will work in this place, and much more to actually grow so attached to my job and to the pple there. i remembered. ever since i finished my 'a's, i turned down almost every single job that came my way, while my frens worked like mad in that 8 mths. some taught, some did sales, some did admin, i slacked. no la i din. i went overseas. i worked in chec. and this is officially the 2nd job i have. n i m grateful to God for it.

in these 2 mths, i have learnt a lot. brain knowledge. more abt insurance. to come to a greater understanding how it works. and to know it is not a cheating business. and to realise there is SO many insurance agents ard me. but i also learnt. alot of pple skills. alot of knowing how to achieve what u wan. and i think one of the greatest things i saw was how everything i leant n know in church was really applied there. maybe not everything. but a lot of things.

my eyes literally opened to the world i have nv known. probably God is preparing me to be a daniel. n i feel like i have been kinda ignorant. n suddenly there is a need. big need to know more n to see more. i feel like all my life wad i have learnt is so limited and restricted. that i nd to step out into different areas n venture. and know.

to my boss:

kevin, i m really really grateful. u have been a great inspiration to me really.wan u to know tht u r not jus an employer and a boss, but also a mentor of some sort and a tcher in many ways. u taught me many things! n i may not have the same conviction and values as u in many things, but u have still taught me alot. abt insurance, abt business, abt life. it has been great knowing u. as a boss and as a fren.

to God:

thank u dad for allowing me to indulge. to learn. to broaden my knowledge. to satisfy me. i m truly satisfied with this experience. thank u for opening my eyes to see ur world. the good the bad and the ugly. thank u for ur love and ur faithfulness. thank u for creating this world in its beauty and for making man in this way. becos i truly m amazed by ur creation.

i wish i m going back to work tml. wearing my nice heels. putting on nice make up. waiting a long long time for the bus to come. calling some people. trying to persevere. self entertain. look forward to my boss coming back to entertain me. observing the people and appreciating their humour. wondering how these people made it up there. wondering how successful they r. sometimes wondering will i be one of them one day. going downstairs and playing with the machines. trying to get the nicest balls and key chains. looking at the charts and wonder how u can get up there. writing silly notes before i go. making silly mistakes. leaving sometimes satisfied. sometimes down. sometimes on the brink of giving up. sometimes thrilled. sometimes hyper. jus like tdy.

i thot i will be sad. but i left in great spirits. smiling. with a cheerful heart. i hoped i have left sth behind. i dunno. maybe i will be there one day? nth is so absolute isn't it?

but this chapter of my life is officially closed. tml is the first day of my second year.
ting let's run for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment