Thursday, August 10, 2006

tired of mediocrity

God i m tired of mediocrity. i m tired of jus doing enough to get past. i m tired of jus fulfilling my duty.

God i wan to move on. weijian thanx for that word. u dunno how many pple that spoke to.

ailing i jus got to put this in my blog too. dun mind me "copying" it over.


Excerpts from Accept No Mediocre Life by David Foster:

"Procrastination feeds on the "someday" mentality. ... Someday I'll get serious about making my life count. Someday I'll take my life in God seriously. Someday prayer will become priority, and people will know I'm a force to be reckoned with... Someday I'll step up. Someday I'll be strong. Someday I'll slay those demons. Someday I'll stop saying, "Someday," and start saying, "Today," When you don't want to do something, any excuse will do."

"I remember one of my ethics professor asking, "How do you cook a frog?" Students looked at each other for answers. The teacher said, "To cook a frog alive, you place him in a pot of water at his favourite temperature. Start turning up the heat in small increments. The frog will sit still, adjusting to the rising temperature. Because of his ability to adapt to the hot water, he will be boiled alive before he thinks about jumping out" The application of this story was that we are just like that frog; we will adapt to the climate around us unless we resist. The mass of humanity tends to settle in the middle where mediocrity breeds best. Commitment cools. Vision leaks. Excellence tends to entropy, and energy defuses."

God, let me not be a person who waits for someday.
let today be the day. D-day. The day to run my vision. The day to see my vision come to pass. Let me stop procrastinating. stop waiting. ting jump up n run. NOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment