Tuesday, December 09, 2008

thinking about a lot of things. wish that life can be a little slower, and wish that i can just take time to do what i want to do. i don't like it, when life just takes me along, and brings me wherever it wants to go. i wish i could be more in control, and do what i really want to do.

was thinking abt something last friday but i din blog it down. here it is. you know, i just realised, that being a cgl taught me a lot abt parenting. haha.

as a cgl, when ur ppl are growing up, you never play a controlling role. becos u cant. eric said this one time abt parenting, that when they're young, you give them ur unconditional love. when they're older, you teach and impart. when they r teenagers, u become their friend. and when they finally grow up, you let them go.

you know i really agree, that i just have to let my ppl grow in the Lord, grow in their faith. i know God has a unique path for everyone of them, and not everyone of them will turn out like me. i have to let them discover the path that God has for them. the truth is, that my disciples can be very different from me, have different ideas, and that's perfectly alright.

but you know something? when a parent gives birth to a child, they have the same dna. as much as the child can be very different from the parent, there's sth that runs in the blood. it's the same thing. as much as i know that my disciples can be very different from me, in turns of personality, style, character and even fashion sense, there are things that run in the blood, and these are convictions and values..

seriously, i do not expect my disciples to be identical to me, but i do expect that the same dna is found in them. the same convictions, the same values, the same intolerance for certain things, and the same standard. that is the dna. this is the dna of chc. and really, many things are not taught, they are caught.

i will be proud, when i produce disciples, who are very different from me, doing great things, but yet carrying the same convictions and values regarding the things of God.

some things just cannot be compromised.

No comments:

Post a Comment