Thursday, December 04, 2008


today while i was in school, i just randomly started to play this song in my head, "running after You".


it's a praise song that we used to sing, that says


"I don't care what people will say

I'm running after You

I wouldn't turn back and go their way

I'm running after You

No matter what may come my way

I'm running after You

It's You I'm following today

I'm running after You"


One of the definitions of "run" -- to move, roll, or progress from momentum or from being hurled, kicked, or otherwise propelled


I was thinking in my heart, although we describe our Christian life as a walk with God, but we also often say, we're running after the Lord.


Interestingly, the nature of the word "run" is not something that is passive. It always indicates something active and of great energy. Similarly, it is reflective about our Christian lives. Our lives are never meant to be a "kay sarah sarah, whatever will be will be". The Lord did not save us, so that we can comfortably retreat somewhere in a cottage, and sleep the rest of our lives away. He did not call us into passivity. But instead, He has called us into a race.


Paul said, "I press toward the prize for the upward call of God in Christ Jesus."


As Christians, we are called to run, we are called to fight, we are called to do something. The very nature of "run" brings us to a destination. God has called us to lay down our lives, and run for a cause. We were never called to stay where we are, within our comfort zone.


That is what I have been thinking nowadays. What am i running for? What is the thing that I would lay down my life for? What is the cause that I am fighting for in my life?


I feel that I am searching, and i know, that He has something in store for me.


Dear all, RUN!!! Don't stop, don't walk, focus your eyes on the Lord, and RUN!!!


跑出一片属于自己的天堂!

No comments:

Post a Comment