Wednesday, October 25, 2006

thoughts and more thoughts

like what i said. i have been having a lot of thoughts lately. i hope i can blog them down.

to whoever that is reading this right now. this is the first time u r hearing xiaoting's dream i think. except for a few close frens, i din reveal it to anybody. and now it is. *drumroll*

when i was younger, i wanted to serve full-time one day. but when i first heard pastor preach abt the marketplace, i wanted to go into the marketplace as well. there i was. torn. i could not figure whether i should go full-time or go into the marketplace.

then i tried out different jobs. n somebody who really sparked off an idea in me was kevin. i had almost nv ever dreamed of being an entrepreneur. (i jus din think i was cut out for it) but it was him who gave me the idea and told me i have what it takes. and that was when i really started thinking. amazing how God uses pple isnt it? n kevin said sth that really impacted me. which i felt it was God speaking thru him. wow. well God uses non-believers too. He said i could start sth and become successful and let it run, while at the same time i can serve God. this implying that i could serve full-time, yet not draw a salary from the church, what's more giving to His house. i was still pondering bout it.

till a couple of weeks ago. pst mentioned this very idea in church. n God confirmed the word. i felt a sense of excitement in my heart to really be a high flier in my career yet serve God. like bro wahju (sorry i dunno how to spell his name)

tdy i was toking to my cousin. i told her my dream one day is to be so rich, that i can have houses all over asia. n whenever pastors go overseas for missionaries, i can house them. n whenever my relatives go overseas, i can house them.

we were in a cab. n when i got down, the cab driver said, 希望你的梦想实现。

and i said, 会的。

that went straight into my spirit.

when we were at sph, when i told wang lao shi n biao i wanted to be an entrepreneur, they laughed. but dear all, xiaoting has nv been one who would settle for the average, the norm, the usual. i wan the extraordinary in my life.

who said.. 中文系的学生一定要当老师,参与媒体工作?

who said.. 南大中文系不应该是你的选择?

who said.. 中文系的学生不可以出来创业,有一天成为百万富翁?

my friends, when i came to know Jesus, one thing He did, He took out the impossible in my life.

in Him, all things r possible.

and i hope my life will be a living testimony to

with man it is impossible. but with God, all things r possible.

u believe that? i do.

No comments:

Post a Comment